What is the Alt code for plus-minus?
Keyboard Shortcuts – Windows ALT-Codes and Unicode Symbols
|To type this symbol||Press this on your keyboard||Description|
|‰||Alt+0137||Per mille (per thousand)|
|±||Alt+241||Plus or Minus|
What does a plus and minus sign together mean?
The plus–minus sign, ±, is a mathematical symbol with multiple meanings. In mathematics, it generally indicates a choice of exactly two possible values, one of which is obtained through addition and the other through subtraction. The sign may also represent an inclusive range of values that a reading might have.
How do I do the plus or minus sign?
Type 00b1 or 00B1 (does not matter, uppercase or lowercase) and immediately press Alt+X to insert the plus-minus symbol: ±
What’s the rule for plus and minus?
|+(+)||Two like signs become a positive sign||3+(+2) = 3 + 2 = 5|
|−(−)||6−(−3) = 6 + 3 = 9|
|+(−)||Two unlike signs become a negative sign||7+(−2) = 7 − 2 = 5|
|−(+)||8−(+2) = 8 − 2 = 6|
How do you type a minus sign?
Methods that work on any platform
- To insert an en dash (–), click on the first character (the shorter dash).
- To insert an em dash (—), click on the second character (the longer dash).
- To insert a minus sign (−), click on the − between the ± and the × .
How do you type Alt codes on a laptop?
How to use Alt Codes for Special Characters, and Symbols
- Make sure that you switch on the Number Lock on your keyboard.
- Hold down the ALT key (left alt key).
- Type the alt code(you should use the numbers on the keypad, not the ones on top row) for the special character or symbol you want to get and release the ALT key.
What is the code for the plus minus sign?
Symbol. ±. Symbol Name. Plus-minus sign. Plus-or-minus sign. Windows Alt Code. ALT 241 or ALT 0177. Windows Alt X Code. 00B1 ALT X.
What is the alt code for approximately equal?
Alt 247. ≈. Approximately equal. Alt Codes for Inequality. Alt Code. Symbol. Description. Alt 60. <.
What are the Alt codes for maths and science?
ALT Codes for Mathematical Symbols Alt Code Symbol Description Alt 240 ≡ Exactly Identical Alt 61 = Equals Alt 247 ≈ Approximately equal
What is the alt code for Zero Nine?
List of Alt Codes for entering Mathematical Symbols ALT Codes for Mathematical Symbols Alt Code Symbol Description Alt 48 – 57 0 – 9 zero to nine