What is FME Desktop?
FME Desktop is a flexible and powerful spatial ETL toolset used by thousands of GIS professionals worldwide to quickly translate, transform and integrate data. FME Desktop helps you get spatial data into the exact format and structure you need, using a fast, simple and straight-forward process.
What is FME application?
The Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) is a platform that streamlines the translation of spatial data between geometric and digital formats. It is intended especially for use with geographic information system (GIS), computer-aided design (CAD) and raster graphics software.
How do I install a safe program?
Installing a License File Provided by Safe Software
- Provide the following:
- Click Retrieve License File and download the file.
- Open the FME Desktop Licensing Assistant (fmelicensingassistant.exe)
- Click Install a license file provided by Safe Software.
- Browse to the location of your license file and click Activate.
How do I use FME software?
How it Works
- Connect data sources and specify output locations with FME Desktop.
- Add transformers as needed to customize your workflow.
- Run workflows locally or publish workflows to FME Server or FME Cloud.
- Set schedules or create event-based automation workflows for real-time processing.
What is the use of FME desktop software?
FME Desktop is used in local governments, utilities, and many other industries to facilitate data integration workflows with its powerful data conversion capabilities. Read from or write to any of the 450+ supported formats and applications.
Which is the best course to learn FME?
This course is designed for proficient users of FME. It assumes a good familiarity with the concepts and practices of FME; at least those covered by the FME Desktop tutorials, and preferably the FME Desktop Basic Training Course.
How can I use FME in my workflow?
Use data quality transformers within your workflow to validate data at any step. If you run into any other bumps along the way, don’t worry. FME will help identify where the issue is and how to fix it. If you need advanced levels of automation, use FME Desktop with FME Server and FME Cloud.
How to use FME as a data Inspector?
Visualize and inspect Excel data using FME Data Inspector Understand the steps required to transform data both to, and from, the Excel format Learn how to perform a Data Transpose and Pivot Table using FME transformers and workflows This course is designed for proficient users of FME.