What health and safety documents do I need?
Here are the top 10 free health and safety documents for your business.
- Method Statement Template.
- Risk Assessment Template.
- COSHH Assessment Template.
- Safety Awareness Toolbox Talk.
- Near Miss Report Document.
- Asbestos Awareness Toolbox Talk.
- PPE Use Toolbox Talk.
- COSHH Register.
What are the 5 C’s in health and safety?
Our health and safety strategy is focused around 5Cs – culture, competence, communication, contractors, controls – and health and wellbeing.
What should be in a health and safety manual?
The health and safety manual should clearly define your commitment to workplace health and safety, as well as identify tasks associated with maintaining a safe, professional environment.
What are some examples of health and safety?
- workplace orientation.
- fire safety and emergency procedures.
- first aid.
- health and safety (such as risk assessments or accident reporting procedure)
- welfare facilities.
- safe use of workplace tools, machinery, equipment.
- risk assessments.
- maintenance or storage of personal protective equipment.
What are the safety documents?
- safety policy and objectives of the organisation.
- scope of the safety management system.
- safety accountabilities and responsibilities.
- key safety personnel.
- documentation control procedures.
- coordination of emergency response planning.
- hazard identification and risk management schemes.
- safety assurance.
What are the health and safety requirements for a small business?
Health and safety made simple
- Appoint a competent person. Choose who will help you manage health and safety in your business.
- Prepare a health and safety policy.
- Risk assessment.
- Consult your workers.
- Provide information and training.
- Have the right workplace facilities.
- First aid in work.
- Display the law poster.
What are the 4 C’s of safety?
Did we wash our hands long enough? To stay safe while cooking dinner, refer to the four C’s of food safety: clean, contain, cook and chill.
What are the elements of a Safety Statement?
The Safety Statement will also contain your policy and risk assessments and the controls required to minimise the risks from the hazards in the workplace, as well as detailing the names of those responsible for putting them into practice. The Safety Statement must be reviewed and, if necessary, amended as required.
Are there any free health and safety downloads?
We have hundreds of FREE health and safety downloads, documents and templates, all generously donated by professional trainers, lecturers, consultants and students who all want to help others. Check out the downloads categories below. It’s all about sharing best practice.
Are there any free health and safety templates?
Download free health and Safety templates ranging from forms, checklists, procedures, plans, policies, toolbox talks and more to give your management system a boost. Find training presentations and other learning materials also here.
Which is the best health and safety document?
Download the HSE’s HSG65 and other documents that are helpful for health and safety management. Download our bundle of the key Health and Safety Statistics for Great Britain in 2018/19 – check for the common injuries and illnesses in your sector.
Is there an online health and safety course?
We’ve created an Approved Trainer-led, online course for Health and Safety Risk Assessment. The course takes you through a step-by-step, interactive tutorial with activities to give you the confidence to carry out Risk Assessment effectively in your own workplace. Get access to the FREE Course Risk Assessment course here.