Can I inherit my parents HDB if I own a private property?

Can I inherit my parents HDB if I own a private property?

You can only inherit and keep both the HDB flat and your private property if your parents HDB flat was purchased from the resale market, and without CPF Housing Grant.

Can I have 2 HDB under my name?

Under the SSCS, only one person is the legal owner of the flat. If you’re the owner, your partner is merely a “tenant” in the eyes of the law. On the other hand: Being a non-owner, your partner is free to buy another property (HDB or private) of their own. This allows you both to own two properties.

Can I sell my HDB flat to my son?

For example, you could transfer your flat to your child as part of your inheritance to them. HDB homeowners would transfer their HDB flats to immediate family members, and then go on to purchase a second private property. Since they did not own multiple properties in name, they could avoid paying the ABSD.

Do I need to pay Absd if I inherit a property?

Do I need to pay ABSD if I inherit a property? If your inheritance is in accordance to a Will, Intestacy Law or Muslim Inheritance Law, ABSD is not payable.

What happens to HDB flat when owner dies?

If the deceased owner did not leave a Will behind, the ownership of the HDB will be distributed as per the “Intestate Succession Act”. If the HDB owner who passed away has no immediate family members, the ownership can go to their nieces, nephews, aunts or uncles.

Can I transfer ownership of HDB to spouse?

Currently, HDB flat owners are not allowed to transfer their ownership (whether joint tenancy or tenancy-in-common) to their spouse through a gift or sale of their part share in the property, with the exception of specific circumstances.

Can I transfer my flat to my son?

Your father can transfer the property either by making a registered family arrangement to both of you as per desire. By this she cannot raise any dispute at any stage. Alternately he can transfer the property by executing a registered gift deed to both of you again as per his desire.