How do I check my Cisco router log history?
To view your switch logs or related configuration information, use any of the following commands:
- show logging console.
- show logging last number.
- show logging logfile [ start-time yyyy mmm dd hh : mm : ss ] [ end-time yyyy mmm dd hh : mm : ss ]
How do I see all user history in Linux?
In Linux, there is a very useful command to show you all of the last commands that have been recently used. The command is simply called history, but can also be accessed by looking at your . bash_history in your home folder. By default, the history command will show you the last five hundred commands you have entered.
How do I find my SSH login history?
To view the history of all the successful login on your system, simply use the command last. The output should look like this. As you can see, it lists the user, the IP address from where the user accessed the system, date and time frame of the login. pts/0 means the server was accessed via SSH.
How do I enable login on a Cisco switch?
On many devices that generate syslog messages, logging is enabled by default.
- On the Cisco Catalyst 2960 switch, open the Cisco command-line interface and begin a session.
- Verify that you are in privileged EXEC mode on the switch.
- Switch to global configuration mode.
- Verify that logging is enabled.
How do you clear history on Linux?
Removing history If you want to delete a particular command, enter history -d . To clear the entire contents of the history file, execute history -c . The history file is stored in a file that you can modify, as well.
Where is history stored in Linux?
The history is stored in the ~/. bash_history file by default. You could also run ‘cat ~/. bash_history’ which is similar but does not include the line numbers or formatting.
Where is the SSH log in Linux?
If you want to have it include login attempts in the log file, you’ll need to edit the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file (as root or with sudo) and change the LogLevel from INFO to VERBOSE . After that, the ssh login attempts will be logged into the /var/log/auth. log file.
How to show history log on port Cisco community?
– Cisco Community 07-28-2017 02:35 AM 07-28-2017 02:35 AM How to show history log on port ? I have a problem when operating network system, in our company we used cisco 2960. When the network failure cause port errors. I want to show the history log by date, and troubleshoot why the port has been error. What command i should use on CLI?
How to check login history on Linux server?
1. View history of all logged users 2. View login history of a certain user 3. Display IP addresses in login history instead of hostname 4. Display only last N logins 5. View all the bad login attempts on your Linux server
Why does last command not show login history?
The last line of the output tells you the when was the wtmp log file was created. This is important because if the wtmp file was deleted recently, last command won’t be able to show history of the logins prior to that date. You may have a huge history of login sessions so it’s better to pipe the output through less command.
How can I see my command history on my iPhone?
You can view the list of commands that you have entered before with the show history command. By default, the show history command displays the last 10 commands issued: You can also recall commands by using the arrow keys: the up arrow shows the last command entered, while the down arrow shows the previously entered commands.