How can I upgrade to Windows 8 for free?
Get the free update
- Go to the Windows 8.1 download page and select your Windows edition.
- Select Confirm and follow the remaining prompts to begin the download.
- The update will download and install in the background while you use your PC to do other things.
How can I upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 8 for free?
Press Start → All Programs. When the program list shows, find “Windows Update” and click to execute. Click “Check for updates” to download the necessary updates. Install updates for your system.
How can I update Windows 8?
Install the update manually
- Make sure your PC is plugged in and connected to the Internet using a non-metered connection.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Windows Update.
- Tap or click Check now.
Is Windows 8 download free?
Windows 8.1 is a free update for Windows 8 tablets and PCs. It includes a number of new features and design elements that will make Windows 8 easier to use.
Can Windows 8 be upgraded?
If your computer runs Windows 8, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. There are two ways you can upgrade Windows 8 to Windows 10: [listNum]■By booting the computer from Windows 10 bootable installation media (DVD/USB Drive) and running the setup from there.
Can I update Windows 8?
Windows 8 Go to the Start Screen screen and type windows update. Select Settings on the right, and then select Windows Update on the left. You can select “Check for updates now” to check for new updates.
Is Windows 8 free?
Beginning in July 2019, the Windows 8 Store is officially closed. While you can no longer install or update applications from the Windows 8 Store, you can continue using those already installed. However, since Windows 8 has been out of support since January 2016, we encourage you to update to Windows 8.1 for free.
What is an Upgrade Assistant?
Upgrade Assistant is a free download that scans your PC, desktop apps, and connected devices to see if they’ll work with a later version of Windows, and then provides a free compatibility report.