Does Arrowhead have snow?
2. Winter Sports / Snow Play. Lake Arrowhead sits at a lower elevation that is high enough for winter snowfall but not quite high enough for sustained winter play conditions. The nearest ski resort to Lake Arrowhead is Snow Valley, about a 30-minute drive.
How many inches of snow is there in Lake Arrowhead?
|Lake Arrowhead, California||United States|
|Rainfall||34.7 in.||38.1 in.|
|Snowfall||36.5 in.||27.8 in.|
|Precipitation||40.3 days||106.2 days|
|Sunny||287 days||205 days|
Are snow chains required in Lake Arrowhead today?
Snow Play in Lake Arrowhead In short, the answer is yes. In many cases when snow is present on the roads in the Lake Arrowhead Communities, having your car equipped with snow chains is a requirement.
Does it snow in Lake Arrowhead in January?
The average sliding 31-day liquid-equivalent snowfall during January in Lake Arrowhead is essentially constant, remaining about 0.2 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 1.0 inches or falling below -0.0 inches. The highest average 31-day liquid-equivalent accumulation is 0.3 inches on January 4.
Who owns Lake Arrowhead?
Initially in the 1920’s and 1930’s the area was mainly a resort with summer cottages. However, over the years, Lake Arrowhead has become an area of permanent, semi-permanent and seasonal character. NOTE: Lake Arrowhead itself is owned and operated by the ALA.
Does it get hot in Lake Arrowhead?
In Lake Arrowhead, the summers are warm, arid, and mostly clear and the winters are very cold and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 28°F to 85°F and is rarely below 20°F or above 92°F.
Where can I play in the snow in Lake Arrowhead?
Best snow play area in Lake Arrowhead, CA
- Snow Drift Snow Tubing Park. 8.4 mi. 234 reviews.
- Snow Valley Mountain Resort. 9.1 mi.
- Lake Arrowhead Chalets. 0.3 mi.
- SkyPark at Santa’s Village. 2.0 mi.
- Big Bear Lakefront Cabins & Best Mountain Vacation Rentals. 16.3 mi.
- Bear Foot Vacations. 16.5 mi.
- G V L Cozy Cabin Rentals. 6.6 mi.
Is it hard to drive to Lake Arrowhead?
The drive. Lake Arrowhead sits in the San Bernardino National Forest, but an easy 2-hour drive from most parts of Los Angeles and Orange County. Add an hour for San Diego. Freeways whisk us to the National Forest, and the last half hour is a scenic, well-maintained, wide 2-lane road.
Which is bigger Lake Arrowhead or Big Bear Lake?
Big Bear Lake is much bigger in surface area but much more shallow than Lake Arrowhead. Big Bear’s lake is just over 3000 acres in area and has a maximum depth of 72 feet while Lake Arrowhead is 782 acres with a maximum depth of 185 feet.